Ethos, Aims and Vision
Mayfield Preparatory School has a happy, caring, family atmosphere incorporating the traditional values of respect and courtesy. Whilst respecting the beliefs of others in our community, the school is based on Christian principles.
We have a clear vision at Mayfield: to continue to be an outstanding school in every aspect. Our pupils are inspired to fulfil their potential in all areas: the academic curriculum, sports and creative arts. We give our children the personal and social skills to become well-rounded, self-assured individuals, able to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. We ensure that our pupils are happy, independent learners and are effectively prepared for their next steps in education and for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in British society and the wider world.
- To provide the security of a constant, caring environment where the health, safety and welfare of each individual is promoted.
- To promote academic excellence through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To encourage a sense of curiosity, and an enjoyment and passion for learning.
- To develop the confidence and determination of our pupils to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life.
- To be aware of the need for consideration and courtesy to others around us and make a positive contribution in the wider community.
- To promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- To develop the pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural awareness.
- To develop, encourage and promote teamwork.
- To communicate effectively and positively with everyone in the school and local community.